Natalia was graduated in Biology at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in 2014. She spent her third year of her degree in Albert-Ludwigs Universität in Freiburg, Germany. In 2015, while she was doing a master in Neuroscience, she joined CINAC to work on her Master thesis about the diversity of striatal interneurons in parkinsonian models. Since 2017 she is doing her doctoral thesis studying different compensatory mechanisms in several parkinsonian models, to elucidate the ethiopathology and progression of Parkinson Disease. In the beggining of 2019, she spent six months in Universidad Austral de Chile working in the field of nanobodies against parkinsonian hallmarks in order to develop molecular tracers useful for immunohistochemistry and neuroimaging techniques.
- Advances in Parkinson’s Disease: 200 Years Later. Del Rey NL, Quiroga-Varela A, Garbayo E, Carballo-Carbajal I, Fernández-Santiago R, Monje MHG, Trigo-Damas I, Blanco-Prieto MJ, Blesa J. Front Neuroanat. 2018 Dec 14;12:113. doi: 10.3389/fnana.2018.00113. eCollection 2018. Review.
- Early Paradoxical Increase of Dopamine: A Neurochemical Study of Olfactory Bulb in Asymptomatic and Symptomatic MPTP Treated Monkeys. Pifl C, Reither H, Del Rey NL, Cavada C, Obeso JA, Blesa J. Front Neuroanat. 2017 May 29;11:46. doi: 10.3389/fnana.2017.00046. eCollection 2017.
- Novel models for Parkinson’s disease and their impact on future drug discovery. Trigo-Damas I, Del Rey NL, Blesa J. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2018 Mar;13(3):229-239. doi: 10.1080/17460441.2018.1428556. Epub 2018 Jan 24. Review.
- Compensatory mechanisms in Parkinson’s disease: Circuits adaptations and role in disease modification. Blesa J, Trigo-Damas I, Dileone M, Del Rey NL, Hernandez LF, Obeso JA. Exp Neurol. 2017 Dec;298(Pt B):148-161. doi: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2017.10.002. Epub 2017 Oct 4. Review.
- The use of nonhuman primate models to understand processes in Parkinson’s disease. Blesa J, Trigo-Damas I, Del Rey NL, Obeso JA. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2018 Mar;125(3):325-335. doi: 10.1007/s00702-017-1715-x. Epub 2017 Mar 29. Review.
- Parkinson’s disease: Oh my gut! Del Rey NL, Blesa J. Mov Disord. 2017 Mar;32(3):396. doi: 10.1002/mds.26933. Epub 2017 Feb 2. No abstract available.
- Selective connectivity of dopamine neurons projecting to the posterior striatum. del Rey NL, Blesa J. Mov Disord. 2016 Mar;31(3):298. doi: 10.1002/mds.26496. Epub 2016 Feb 10. No abstract available.
- Synuclein aggregation: When the mouse’s away the human will play. Del Rey NL. Mov Disord. 2016 Aug;31(8):1143. doi: 10.1002/mds.26655. Epub 2016 May 9. Review. No abstract available.