Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore of Rome in 2001. He got his specialist Neurology diploma from Prof Vincenzo Di Lazzaro University Hospital “Policlinico A. Gemelli”of Rome in 2008. Subsequently he performed a 6-month stage in the Stroke Unit of Heidelberg (Germany) and a 3-months stage in the Laboratory of Human Motor Control of the Sobell Department iheaded by prof. John C Rothwell n London. He went back to Rome to work as researcher in the Human Neuromodulation Department headed by prof. Di Lazzaro for 4 years: in the meantime he collaborated with prof. Peter Brown recording LFP from basal ganglia. In 2010 he moved to the Neurology Department of General Hospital in Vicenza (Italy) where he worked as consultant in the Integrated Ambulatory of Movement Disorders enrolling and evaluating PD patients for deep brain stimulation. In 2012 he started his PhD program in the University Pablo de Olavide en Seville. From march 2015 he is a collaborator of a MJF Foundation Project entitled “Prevention of levodopa‐induced dyskinesias by transcranial static magnetic field stimulation (tSMS)” with a contract in the Hospital Nacional de Parapléjicos of Toledo and in collaboration with the Hospital Clinico San Carlos in Madrid and with the Hospital CINAC Puerta del Sur. He has presented posters and communications in national and international congresses and meetings. He has published papers as firs author in international journals such as ““Journal of Physiology”, “Parkinsonism and Related disorders”, “CNS Neurogical Disorders and Drug Targets”, “Brain Stimulation”, “Stroke”, “Neuroscience Letters” and “Cerebral Cortex”. He is author and co-author of 80 papers in International indexed journals.
- Di Lazzaro V, Dileone M, Capone F, Pellegrino G, Ranieri F, Musumeci G, Florio L, Di Pino G, Fregni F. Immediate and late modulation of interhemipheric imbalance with bilateral transcranial direct current stimulation in acute stroke. Brain Stimul. 2014 Nov-Dec;7(6):841-8. A
- Di Lazzaro V, Ranieri F, Capone F, Pilato F, Profice P, Pellegrino G, Musumeci G, Florio L, Dileone M. Motor Cortex Stimulation for ALS: Open Label Extension Study of a Previous Small Trial. Brain Stimul. 2014 Jan-Feb;7(1):143-4. L
- Di Lazzaro V, Rothwell JC, Talelli P, Capone F, Ranieri F, Wallace AC, Musumeci G, Dileone M. Inhibitory theta burst stimulation of affected hemisphere in chronic stroke: A proof of principle, sham-controlled study. Neurosci Lett. 2013 Oct 11;553:148-52. A
- Di Lazzaro V, Manganelli F, Dileone M, Notturno F, Esposito M, Capasso M, Dubbioso R, Pace M, Ranieri F, Minicuci G, Santoro L, Uncini A. The effects of prolonged cathodal direct current stimulation on the excitatory and inhibitory circuits of the ipsilateral and contralateral motor cortex. J Neural Transm. 2012 Dec;119(12):1499-506. A
- Dileone M, Zampino G, Profice P, Pilato F, Leoni C, Ranieri F, Capone F, Tartaglia M, Brown P, Di Lazzaro V. Dystonia in Costello syndrome. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2012 Jul;18(6):798-800. A.